| A | B | C
| D | E | F |
G | H | I | J
| K | L | M |
N | O | P | Q |
R | S | T | U
| V | W | X | Y | Z
- Canadian flutist/composer The LIving Composers Project bio is here
- Proponent of Aesthetic Realism.
- Adjunct instructor of flute at Georgia State University,
- Canadian flutist, member of Das Chicas, "a Canadian trio
dedicated to contemporary and theatrical music"
- Jethro Tull
- Redlands, CA
- Contemporary specialist
- Spanish-language site.
- on the faculty of the Wiesbaden Academy of Music
- Facebook page.
- American flutist and composer, living and teaching at the music
conservatory in Barcelona.
- Principal Flutist with the Royal Flemish Philharmonic
- Flute Professor California State University at Long Beach
- Flutist, composer, jack of many trades
- Sam Baron online links
- B. Duffie, Flutist
- L. Garrison, Samuel
- A. Kozinn, Samuel
Baron, Flutist and Conductor
- Laura Barron
- faculty member at the Northern Arizona University
- Tim Barsky
- Hip-hop flutist
- Jazz flutist and composer. Facebook page.
- Instructor of Flute & Music Theory, University of Nebraska,
- Flutist with the Opéra de Lyon
- Lori Bell
- from Bach to Bebop
- He studied in London with Geoffrey Gilbert, and in France with
Jean-Pierre Rampal and Marcel Moyse.
- Principal flute of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam
- Professor at CNSM de Lyon
- Welsh flutist
- Israili flutist of some distinction
- "[B]orn in the Middle East but grew up in Vancouver, Canada, he
received a BMus from the University of British Columbia before
coming to Britain [obtaining] a PhD from the University of
London." This website includes articles on flutists, the history
& development of the flute, and links to flute makers, in
addition to a list of books by Dr. Bigio. Home also of a very
interesting page of early
flute recordings from Christopher Steward's collection from
as early as 1899.
- Robert David
- Canadian-born flutist, author of A Description and
Application of Robert Aitken's Concept of the Physical Flute.
- Seattle-based flutist
- first prize winner at the Gaudeamus International Interpreter’s
Competition in 1996, active as a soloist, ensemble player,
teacher, improviser and author
- Magnus Irving
- Swedish flutist who has invented an "intonation slide" headjoint
- and his Toward Humanity initiative.
- jazz flutist
Bruderhans - Austria
- Information on classes, circular breathing and more.
- David Buck
- Principal flutist, Oregon Symphony
- Professor of Flute and Chamber Music, Director of Graduate
Studies, Rice University
- Associate Professor of Flute at Arizona State University
- principal flutist of the Festival Opera and West Bay Opera
Orchestras, piccoloist of the California Symphony and a member of
the Symphony Silicon Valley
- Brazilian flutist, Portuguese language site with annoying pop up
- Founder of Soria Chamber Players, former Music Director of
Willow Flute Ensemble
- University of Iowa School of Music
- the first flute soloist to perform a full-length recital in
- Classically trained flutist who plays jazz & improvises
- Assistant Professor of Flute at James Madison University in
- Clair Chase
- 2012 MacArthur Genius Grant recipient. Executive director and
founder of the international
contemporary ensemble in Chicago
- Associate Professor of Music, Memorial University of
Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Prize-winning Scottish flutist.
- Ian Clarke
- English flutist.
- Canadian flutist and teacher
- Flutist with Imani winds
- New England, USA-based flutist.
- University of Colorado doctoral student, conductor of ALRY flute
- a physicist and retired research executive of the Westinghouse
Electric Corporation,has devoted much of his spare time to the
study of the flute in its musical, historical and acoustical
Colquhoun (b. 1953)
- currently active as a solo recitalist, as Music Director of the
Latin Music Ensemble Los Caribes, and as Adjunct Professor of
Music at Canisius College, Buffalo, NY
- Teaches at the San Francisco Conservatory
- Dutch flutist, student of Gazzelloni
- The music & photography of BDWS.
- Tilmann studied flute and saxophone at Hochschule der K�nste
Berlin. He works as a freelance musician and composer. He lives in
- "[A] private teacher and freelance artist residing in Carlisle,
PA" This is a link to her blog, "The Sensible Flutist."
- Irish born flutist presently living and working in the
Dick, Speaking of Music at the Exploratorium in 1990
(February 1, 1990)
- Assistant principal flutist of the Oregon Symphony
- flutist/composer. Founder of Pamplemousse Productions Inc.
- Links to the world of Music and Chess
- Fabulous player who's featured on the sound track to several
- Professor of Music at Marshall University. Unfortunately the way
this page is set up, you need to click on his link to get the
pop-up window outlining his background. To quote therefrom: "Each
June, he serves as the director of the annual Timber Flute
Festival in Elkins, West Virginia."
- Electro-acoustic flutist and composer
- "multi-genre flutist/composer, fluent in the areas of classical,
rock, jazz, R&B, gospel, folk, and world music"
- Assistant Professor of Flute, Northwest Missouri State
University, Maryville, MO
- Piccoloist and third flutist of the Charleston Symphony
Orchestra and is the flute instructor at the College of Charleston
- Links to artists & homepage do not work as of 03/Jan/2008
- University of Iowa professor.
- Multidirectional Flute/Winds soloist-Composer
- Run by Renae Block in Marlton, NJ
- New York City-based. Artistic director of ISSA
Sonus ensemble, performs and premieres many new works,
Adjunct Flute faculty at Columbia University.
- Principal flutist of the Dekalb Symphony and piccoloist of the
- French "flutist, conductor, musician."
- Phoenix (AZ) flutist.
- Don Fishel
- Principal flutist with Dexter Community Orchestra in Dexter,
Fisher aka Fluterscooter
- American flutist who also plays piano/keyboards/organ, Indian
and Japanese flutes, and produces/arranges/ writes original music
and has her own line of flute bags.
- dedicated to extending the language and technique of the flute
and Chairman of the Music Department at University of California
at San Diego.
- Andy Findon
- London session player . Here's
another link I found for him.
- Centre College Visisting Flute Instructor and Centre Flutes
Ensemble Director, Lexington & Louisville, KY
- Hungarian flutist
- Associate Professor of Music Theory at Temple University's
Esther Boyer College of Music, composes music as well
- Fingering chart, index to Flute Talk & Flutist Quarterly (in
MS Works for windows format), and more
- Flute solo at the Teatro Alla Scala and at the Filarmonica della
- German flutist
- Erinn Elyse
- Piccolo/Third Flute in the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra
II (aka "the Great") of Prussia
- Paul Fried
- Solo flute with the New West Symphony - Los Angeles CA
- Professor at the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler in Berlin
- Italian flutist
Galway's Flute Page
- Assistant Professor of Flute and Aural Skills at in the Lionel
Hampton School of Music at The University of Idaho. His
interesting page includes a chronology
of 20th century flute pieces. Unfortunately does not include
- Sue Garton
- Flute Keys Studio, Champaign, IL
- Wizard of the Bansuri (bamboo flute)
- Not accessible to the visually handicapped (site uses frames
without a no frames alternative).
- Occasionally offers free music for download
- Polish-born flutist living in Greece
- Principal flutist of the Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra
- Melissa Grey
- MIchigan-based flutist. Principal flute, Ann Arbor Civic Band;
1st flute, Michigan Flute Orchestra; Flute, Southeast Michigan
- Russian-born flutist.
- Assistant professor of flute at Stephen F. Austin State
University, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Vanessa Gunter (per her request, link removed due to web site
- a member of the New Sigmund Romberg Orchestra (GA) and has
performed with the Atlanta Opera Orchestra, the Columbus Symphony
Orchestra,and the Augusta Symphony Orchestra
- Principal flutist of the Salt Lake Symphony. Her website also
includes a page of good links called "Technique
- Teaches at The College of Saint Rose, Albany, NY
- Galena, Ohio. She maintains a blog
on practicing & keeping kids inspired.
- Irish flutist
- German flutist who has a very comprehensive German-language page
that lists many composers and their works, etc. The
English-language "mirror" is less comprehensive, but, then, how
much German do you see on my page?
- Lois Bliss
- flutist with Philadelphia's critically acclaimed Orchestra 2001
- Principal Flute with the Kansas City Symphony Orchestra and
author of Alternative Fingerings for the Flute
- Born in Grand Rapids, MI, lives in Cologne.
- simultaneous graduate from Berklee College of Music and New
England Conservatory. He received Summa Cum Laude for his Diploma
of Music at Berklee as a performance major. He received Academic
Honors and Distinction in Performance for his Master of Music at
New England Conservatory as a Jazz Composition major.
- a nationally recognized flutist who performs in symphonies and
- French-language site. Former Pappoutsakis
Competition winner, among other things.
- Swedish flutist living in California
- Prize-winning Lithuanian flutist living in Boston.
- Flute teacher at Eastern Kentucky University
- currently a member of The River Oaks Chamber Orchestra and Trio
Angelico in Houston, TX
- Karen Kevra
- "Grammy-nominee Karen Kevra has won attention as one of the
country's outstanding flutists."
- Linn Kezer
- Professor of Flute, Louisiana State University
- Faculty associate, Cadek Conservatory, Chatanooga, Tennessee
- Betsy Ko
- Private and group flute instruction in Chicago since 1994
- Assistant Professor of Music at St. Cloud State University, MN
- Turkish flutist
- Ilona Kudina
- Latvian flutist freelancer and educator in Boston
- Presently lives in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Iowa flute maker
- "She has a large repertoire of contemporary flute works composed
specifically for her, that employ extended techniques, dance,
drama, multi-media, and electronics." (From the website.)
& Beth Larsen
- A Facebook page.
- Grey Larsen
- author of The Essential Guide to Irish Flute and Tin
Whistle and The Essential Tin Whistle Toolbox
- Grammy award winning flutist.
- Zara Lawler
- flutist, interdisciplinary performer, performance coach
- and from the NY
- Steven F.
- Korean flutist with extensive study in France.
- Solist at the Orchestre National de l'Opéra de Paris, Professor
at the CNR de Paris
- Among her many activities is playing with the Superior Festival
Orchestra in Marquette, MI
- Jane Lenoir
- Classically trained jazz flutist
- Inna Leoni
- 2008 Carnegie Hall Debut (New York) and other prizes
- Erin Lesser
- Canadian flutist. Now flute professor @ my alma mater, Lawrence
- Amy Likar
- Certified Andover Educator
- Finnish composer, flutist and webmaster
- Yoga teacher & flutist based in Maryland, U.S.A.
- A. Lish
- NYC area flutist/piccolist
- Australian flutist who studied there & in Germany. She has
recorded on film soundtracks and is is solo flute and vocalist
with the cabaret ensemble of the Queensland Orchestra,
- Jazz flutist. Member of the Montreal Jazz Flute Summit.
- principal flute with Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra and
Oregon Symphonic Band, and Music Director of Rose City Flute Choir
- Concertist, Professor at the Conservatoire Supérieur de Paris
and at the CNSM of Paris
- San Francisco Symphony flutist
- University of Arizona flute professor
- the youngest player ever to give a recital at a British Flute
Society International Convention
- Official homepage of the Swedish flute player
- Jazz flutist
- musical instrument maker and repairer, musician, broadcaster and
- Ned McGowan
- Canadian flutist & "a musician of 'huge physical energy,'
flutist Mark Takeshi McGregor has been lauded by the press as '
mind-blowing' and 'verging on the superhuman'.'" to quote his bio.
- Professor of Flute, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- Portuguese flutist. Flute professor at Oporto Music
- Mats Möller is a Swedish flautist, with more than 20 years of
experience as freelance in symphonic and opera orchestras
- a music education major at the Moores School of Music of the
University of Houston
- Munich-based German flutist. Sister of Cleveland Orchestra
conductor Franz Welser-Möst
- Susan Murphy
- Co-founder of the newEar
- Principal flutist of the Icelandic Opera Orchestra and the
Reykjavik Chamber Orchestra.
- Native American flutist/composer
- Canadian flutist
- Composer, flutist, conductor.
- Jazz flutist in New Zealand
- Former Adjunct Assistant Professor (Flute), University of
Miami, FL She died 26.April.2007
- Chris Norman
- Flute made and played.
- London, Ontario, Canada
- Dutch contemporary specialist
- one of Europe's pre-eminent flutists (to quote the website)
- Jazz flutist
- Hermeto Pascoal
Wikipedia article. A "prolific musician and composer who
- James Pellerite succeeded his teacher William Kincaid as solo
flutist in the Philadelphia Orchestra. He has performed under
eminent conductors like Bernstein, Casals, Mariner, Mitropoulos,
Ormandy, Stokowski, and Stravinsky. Since retirement, he has taken
up study of the Native American flute.
- Erica Peel
- Omaha Chamber Music Society flutist
- Flute, Music History professor at Northern Kentucky University.
Also available on Youtube.
- former flute professor at Arizona State University.
- Among other things, owner of Flutenet, a discussion group for
flutists of all abilities and ages
- flute professor at Peabody Conservatory, Baltimore, MD
- Solo flute of the Orchestre National de France, professor at CNR
- Kim Pineda
- Music director of Baroque Northwest
- Flute professor at University of Colorado at Denver. Author of
Selected Repertoire for Alto Flute, Seven Steps to Better
- Angela Purll
- organist and performing musician (including flute) from the
South East of England
- Maria Ramey
- he first call import flutist with the Bakersfield Symphony, the
Palos Verdes/Peninsula Symphony and the Tulare County Symphony.
She also plays piccolo with the Culver City Symphony, the Marina
del Rey Summer Symphony and the Carson City Symphony.
- John Ranck
- 2nd flute/piccolo with the Franklin Performing Arts Company's
annual Nutcracker. Formerl principal flute with the Melrose
(MA) Symphony Orchestra (2004-2014).
- Piccoloist with the Denver Pops Orchestra, Denver, Colorado
- Associate Professor of Music, Murray University, KY
- alto and bass flute specialist
- Assistant Professor of Music, Samford University, Birmingham,
- Althea Rene
- High-end section, in Flash, scrolling doesn't work in
- Felix Renggli
- Swiss flutist who specializes in contemporary music
- University of Cape Town: College of Music, Cape Town, South
- Canadian flutist. "[G]raduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Music
(Honours) and a Masters degree in Music from McGill University. .
. and. . . maintains a flute studio in Hudson, Quebec (near
Vaudreuil, Dorion, St.Lazare, Rigaud, Pincourt, Hawkesbury,
- Patty Rohr
- "flutist/harpist, . . . performing classical, early and Celtic
- Professor of Flute, Berklee School of Music
- Emeritus flutist of the Radio Philharmonic Orchestra Hilversum,
- President and Principal Flautist of the Fanfare Concert Winds
- Associate Professor of Musicology, University of North Carolina
at Greensboro. B.A. in Music, University of Pennsylvania,
Performance Certificate and Second Phase diploma in historical
performance (Baroque and Classical flute), Conservatorium van
Amsterdam, Ph.D in Music from the University of Alberta.
- Maxim Rubtsov
- Principal flute with the Russian National Orchestra
- Facebook page. Modern, Baroque and Renaissance flutist
- Ali Ryerson
- Jazz flutist
- Principal flutist with the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and on
the faculty of California State University at Northridge and the
Henry Mancini Institute.
- a Middle Tennessee Flute Teacher
Shepard's Flute page
- Lots of good pedagogy links, but the fingering charts only go up
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Meerenai Shim
- an active performer and teacher in the San Francisco Bay Area
- freelance flute player based in Boston MA, performs Jazz, Latin
and Clasical music with different bands in New England
- Former second flute with the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Principal Flute, Cleveland Orchestra
- Piccolist with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Wilmington, DE flutist.
- Contemporary specialist. Facebook page.
- Interlochen summer session teacher, Interlochen, MI
- Member of NewBand & teaches at Montclair State University
(NJ), the Masters School, The Music Conservatory of Westchester
- Teaches at the Musikschule der Stadt Zug
- Young Concert Artist, etc.
- Flutist and trumpeter (!)
- UWM Assistant Professor of Flute
- Associate Professor, Flute, Northwestern University
- Italian flutist. Due to low contrast, the links are difficult to
- Linked in page of this flute-playing consultant @ an NYC bank
- Siberian flutist, principal flute, Las
Vegas Philharmonic, and Nagahara flute player.
- Principal piccolo 'Royal Flemish Philharmonic'
- Artist in residence at Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY
- M.M. from Peabody and one of my former students
- Flute professor, University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- Jazz flutist - now also home of "
Jazz flute tips"
- a New York City based musician, specializes in performing on
woodwinds from many different cultures, including American and
flutes & whistles, panpipes, recorders, Asian and Middle
- Creator of Pan-flute.com, featuring a history of the instrument,
recordings and photographs of Hawaii
- Flute professor, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Co-founder Lark Chamber Players (flute, violin, cello trio).
- Home of flute compositions' timing (requires Adobe Acrobat
Reader), vibrato article, and more, including his "corner"
that includes more helpful articles than you can shake your stick
- Trevor Wye
- Swiss flutist