| A | B | C | D | E |
F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
N | O |
P | Q | R | S | T |
V | W | X | Y | Z |
- Robert Aitken
- Canadian flutist/composer The LIving Composers Project bio is here
- Proponent of Aesthetic Realism.
- Sarah Kruser Ambrose
- Adjunct instructor of flute at Georgia State University, Atlanda, GA
- Chenoa Anderson
- Canadian flutist, member of Das Chicas, "a Canadian trio dedicated to
contemporary and theatrical music"
- Jethro Tull
- Jacqueline Aronowitz
- Redlands, CA
- Pierre-Yves Artaud
- Contemporary specialist
- Martin Auza
- Spanish-language site.
- Lars Asbjørnsen
- on the faculty of the Wiesbaden Academy of Music
- Kristin Bacchiocchi Stewart
- Facebook page.
- Peter Bacchus
- American flutist and composer, living and teaching at the music conservatory in Barcelona.
- Aldo Baerten
- Principal Flutist with the Royal Flemish Philharmonic
- Flute Professor California State University at Long Beach
- Flutist, composer, jack of many trades
- Sam Baron online links
- B. Duffie, Flutist Samuel
- L. Garrison, Samuel Baron
- A. Kozinn, Samuel Baron, Flutist and Conductor
- Laura Barron
- faculty member at the Northern Arizona University
- Tim Barsky
- Hip-hop flutist
- Andrea Bartelucci
- Jazz flutist and composer. Facebook page.
- Instructor of Flute & Music Theory, University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Julien Beaudiment
- Flutist with the Opéra de
- Lori Bell
- from Bach to Bebop
- William Bennett
- He studied in London with Geoffrey Gilbert, and in France with Jean-Pierre
Rampal and Marcel Moyse.
- Emily Beynon
- Principal flute of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam
- Philippe Bernold
- Professor at
CNSM de Lyon
- Welsh flutist
- Sharon Bezaly
- Israili flutist of some distinction
- Robert Bigio
- "[B]orn in the Middle East but grew up in Vancouver, Canada, he received a BMus from the University of
British Columbia before coming to Britain [obtaining] a PhD from the University of London." This website
includes articles on flutists, the history & development of the flute, and links to flute makers, in
addition to a list of books by Dr. Bigio. Home also of a very interesting page of early
flute recordings from Christopher Steward's collection from as early as 1899.
- Robert David Billington
- Canadian-born flutist, author of A Description and Application of Robert
Aitken's Concept of the Physical Flute.
- Bonnie Blanchard
- Seattle-based flutist
- Helen Bledsoe
- first prize winner at the Gaudeamus International Interpreter’s Competition in 1996, active as a soloist, ensemble player, teacher, improviser and author
- Magnus Irving
- Swedish flutist who has invented an "intonation slide" headjoint
- Denis Bouriakov
- Wissam Boustany
- and his Toward Humanity initiative.
- Andrea Brachfeld
- jazz flutist
- Jonathan Brahms
- Fernando Brandão
- Cindy Anne Broz
Zdenek Bruderhans -
- Information on classes, circular breathing and more.
- David Buck
- Principal flutist, Oregon Symphony
- Leone Buyse
- Professor of Flute and Chamber Music, Director of Graduate Studies, Rice
- Elizabeth Buck
- Associate Professor of Flute at Arizona State University
- Michelle Caimotto
- principal flutist of the Festival Opera and West Bay
Opera Orchestras, piccoloist of the California Symphony and a member
of the Symphony Silicon Valley
- Altamiro Carrilho
- Brazilian flutist, Portuguese language site with annoying pop up windows
- Founder of Soria Chamber Players, former Music Director of Willow Flute Ensemble
- University of Iowa School of Music
- the first flute soloist to perform a full-length recital in Carnegie
- Bob Chadwick
- Classically trained flutist who plays jazz & improvises
- Beth Chandler
- Assistant Professor of Flute at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Clair Chase
- 2012 MacArthur Genius Grant recipient. Executive director and founder of the international contemporary ensemble in Chicago
- Michelle Cheramy
- Associate Professor of Music, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Ann Cherry
- Stephen Clark
- Prize-winning Scottish flutist.
- Ian Clarke
- English flutist.
- Canadian flutist and teacher
- Valerie Coleman
- Flutist with Imani winds
- Kim Collins
- New England, USA-based flutist.
- University of Colorado doctoral student, conductor of ALRY flute choir
John W. Coltman
- a physicist and retired research executive of the Westinghouse Electric
Corporation,has devoted much of his spare time to the study of the flute
in its musical, historical and acoustical aspects.
- Michael Colquhoun (b. 1953)
- currently active as a solo recitalist, as Music Director of the Latin Music
Ensemble Los Caribes, and as Adjunct Professor of Music at Canisius College,
- Teaches at the San Francisco Conservatory
Abbie de Quant
- Dutch flutist, student of Gazzelloni
Brooks de Wetter-Smith
- The music & photography of BDWS.
- Tilmann Dehnhard
- Tilmann studied flute and saxophone at Hochschule der K�nste Berlin. He works as a freelance musician and composer. He lives in Berlin.
- Alexis Del Palazzo
- "[A] private teacher and freelance artist residing in Carlisle, PA" This is a link to her blog, "The Sensible Flutist."
- John Devitt
- Irish born flutist presently living and working in the Netherlands.
- Robert Dick, Speaking of Music at the Exploratorium in 1990 (February 1, 1990)
- Assistant principal flutist of the Oregon Symphony
- Natacha Diels
- flutist/composer. Founder of Pamplemousse Productions Inc.
- Links to the world of Music and Chess
- Louise diTullio
- Fabulous player who's featured on the sound track to several films.
- Wendell Dobbs
- Professor of Music at Marshall University. Unfortunately the way this page is set up, you need to click on his link to get
the pop-up window outlining his background. To quote therefrom: "Each June, he serves as the director of the annual
Timber Flute Festival in Elkins, West Virginia."
- Julie Donato
- Clifford Dun
- Electro-acoustic flutist and composer
- Damienne Fenlon Dunham
- French-trained American flutist living in Paris.
- Michelle Dunn
- "multi-genre flutist/composer, fluent in the areas of classical, rock, jazz, R&B, gospel,
folk, and world music"
- Rebecca Dunnell
- Assistant Professor of Flute, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
- Tacy Edwards
- Piccoloist and third flutist of the Charleston Symphony Orchestra and is the flute instructor at the
College of Charleston
- Richard Egues
- Lior Eitan
- Links to artists & homepage do not work as of 03/Jan/2008
- Nicole Esposito
- University of Iowa professor.
- Pedro Eustache
- Multidirectional Flute/Winds soloist-Composer
- Evesham Flute Studio
- Run by Renae Block in Marlton, NJ
- Laura Falzon
- New York City-based. Artistic director of ISSA Sonus
ensemble, performs and premieres many new works, Adjunct Flute faculty at Columbia University.
- Kathy Farmer
- Principal flutist of the Dekalb Symphony and piccoloist of the Georgia Philharmonic.
- Jean Ferrandis
- French "flutist, conductor, musician."
- Sherry Finzer
- Phoenix (AZ) flutist.
- Don Fishel
- Principal flutist with Dexter Community Orchestra in Dexter, Michigan
- Andrea Fisher aka Fluterscooter
- American flutist who also plays piano/keyboards/organ, Indian and Japanese flutes, and produces/arranges/ writes original
music and has her own line of flute bags.
- dedicated to extending the language and technique of the flute and
Chairman of the Music Department at University of California at San
- Andy Findon
- London session player . Here's another link I found for him.
- Jean Ferrandis
- Jana Flygstad
- Centre College Visisting Flute Instructor and Centre Flutes Ensemble Director, Lexington & Louisville, KY
- Hungarian flutist
- Cynthia Folio
- Associate Professor of Music Theory at Temple University's Esther Boyer
College of Music, composes music as well
- Rhonda Benson Ford
- Fingering chart, index to Flute Talk & Flutist Quarterly (in MS Works
for windows format), and more
- Davide Formisano
- Flute solo at the
Teatro Alla Scala
and at the
Filarmonica della Scala
- Jürgen Franz
- German flutist
- Erinn Elyse Frechette
- Piccolo/Third Flute in the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra
- Frederick II (aka "the Great") of Prussia
- Paul Fried
- Solo flute with the New West Symphony - Los Angeles CA
- Professor at the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler in Berlin
- Italian flutist
- Assistant Professor of Flute and Aural Skills at in the Lionel Hampton School of Music at The University of Idaho. His interesting page
includes a chronology
of 20th century flute pieces. Unfortunately does not include publisher
- Sue Garton
- Flute Keys Studio, Champaign, IL
- Pannalal Ghosh
- Wizard of the Bansuri (bamboo flute)
- Not accessible to the visually handicapped (site uses frames without a
no frames alternative).
- John Gibson
- Occasionally offers free music for download
- Inna Gilmore
- 2007 Artists International Special Presentation Award Carnegie Hall Debut (New York) and other prizes
- Iwona Glinka
- Polish-born flutist living in Greece
- Irena Grafenauer
- Principal flutist of the Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra
- Melissa Grey
- MIchigan-based flutist. Principal flute, Ann Arbor Civic Band; 1st flute, Michigan Flute Orchestra; Flute,
Southeast Michigan Flute Choir
- Alexandra Grot
- Russian-born flutist.
- Christina Guenther
- Assistant professor of flute at Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Vanessa Gunter
- a member of the New Sigmund Romberg Orchestra (GA) and has performed with the Atlanta Opera Orchestra,
the Columbus Symphony Orchestra,and the Augusta Symphony Orchestra
- Tina Hadley
- Principal flutist of the Salt Lake Symphony. Her website also includes a page of good links called "Technique and more..."
- Teaches at The College of Saint Rose, Albany, NY
- Marlene Metz Hartzler
- Galena, Ohio. She maintains a blog on practicing & keeping kids inspired.
- Patricia Harper
- Irish flutist
- Claudia Haider
- German flutist who has a very comprehensive German-language page that lists many composers and their works, etc. The English-language "mirror" is less comprehensive, but, then, how much German do you see on my page?
- Lois Bliss
- flutist with Philadelphia's critically acclaimed Orchestra 2001
- Nestor Herszbaum
- Principal Flute with the Kansas City Symphony Orchestra and author of
Alternative Fingerings for the Flute
- Camilla Hoitenga
- Born in Grand Rapids, MI, lives in Cologne.
- simultaneous graduate from Berklee College of Music and New England Conservatory.
He received Summa Cum Laude for his Diploma of Music at Berklee as a performance
major. He received Academic Honors and Distinction in Performance for his
Master of Music at New England Conservatory as a Jazz Composition major.
- Barbara Hopkins
- a nationally recognized flutist who performs in symphonies and recitals
- Gaspar Hoyos
- French-language site. Former Pappoutsakis Competition winner, among other things.
- Ciprian Ignat
- Lars Johannesson
- Swedish flutist living in California
- Ona Jonaityte
- Prize-winning Lithuanian flutist living in Boston.
- Jeffrey Kahner
- Flute teacher at Eastern Kentucky University
- currently a member of The River Oaks Chamber Orchestra and Trio Angelico in Houston, TX
- Christina Kelsh
- Karen Kevra
- "Grammy-nominee Karen Kevra has won attention as one of the country's outstanding flutists."
- Linn Kezer
- Professor of Flute, Louisiana State University
- Nora Kile
- Faculty associate, Cadek Conservatory, Chatanooga, Tennessee
- Betsy Ko
- Private and group flute instruction in Chicago since 1994
Larry Krantz' Homepage
- many, many links for all flute enthusiasts
- Assistant Professor of Music at St. Cloud State University, MN
- Sefika Kutluer
- Turkish flutist
- Prema Kesselman
- Ilona Kudina
- Latvian flutist freelancer and educator in Boston
- Anne La Berge
- Presently lives in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Tip Lamberson
- Iowa flute maker
- Margaret Lancaster
- "She has a large repertoire of contemporary flute works composed specifically for her, that employ extended techniques,
dance, drama, multi-media, and electronics." (From the website.)
- Bill & Beth Larsen
- A Facebook page.
- Grey Larsen
- author of The Essential Guide to Irish Flute and Tin Whistle and The Essential Tin Whistle Toolbox
- Rhonda Larson
- Grammy award winning flutist.
- Zara Lawler
- flutist, interdisciplinary performer, performance coach
- Eleanor Lawrence
- and from the NY Times.
- Yerin Lee
- Korean flutist with extensive study in France.
- Solist at the Orchestre National de l'Opéra de Paris, Professor
at the CNR de Paris
- Catherine LeGrand
- Among her many activities is playing with the Superior Festival Orchestra in Marquette, MI
- Classically trained jazz flutist
- Erin Lesser
- Canadian flutist. Now flute professor @ my alma mater, Lawrence University.
- Amy Likar
- Certified Andover Educator
- Finnish composer, flutist and webmaster
- Melissa Lindon
- Yoga teacher & flutist based in Maryland, U.S.A.
- A. Lish Lindsay
- NYC area flutist/piccolist
- Karen Lonsdale
- Australian flutist who studied there & in Germany. She has recorded on film soundtracks and is is solo flute and vocalist with the cabaret ensemble of the Queensland Orchestra, X-Collective.
- Lisa Lorenzino
- Jazz flutist. Member of the Montreal Jazz Flute Summit.
- Phyllis Avidan Louke
- principal flute with Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra and Oregon Symphonic
Band, and Music Director of Rose City Flute Choir
- Concertist, Professor at the Conservatoire Supérieur de Paris and
at the CNSM of Paris
- San Francisco Symphony flutist
- University of Arizona flute professor
- Benjamin Macdougall
- the youngest player ever to give a recital at a British Flute Society International
- Göran Marcusson
- Official homepage of the Swedish flute player
- Katherine Master
- Jazz flutist
- Pamela McElwain-Brown
- musical instrument maker and repairer, musician, broadcaster and recording
- Ned McGowan
- Mark Takeshi McGower
- Canadian flutist & "a musician of 'huge physical energy,' flutist Mark Takeshi McGregor has been lauded by the press as '
mind-blowing' and 'verging on the superhuman'.'" to quote his bio.
- Wendy Mehne
- Professor of Flute, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- Luís Meireles
- Portuguese flutist. Flute professor at Oporto Music Conservatoir.
- Miyazawa artists
- Mats Möller is a Swedish flautist, with more than 20 years of experience
as freelance in symphonic and opera orchestras
- Patti Monson
- a frequent guest artist on several recital series dedicated to new music
and has been invited to give master classes on contemporary repertoire and
- Sixto Montesinos
- a music education major at the Moores School of Music of the University of Houston
- Elizabeth Möst
- Munich-based German flutist. Sister of Cleveland Orchestra conductor Franz Welser-Möst
- Susan Murphy
- Co-founder of the newEar ensemble.
- Martial Nardeau
- Principal flutist of the Icelandic Opera Orchestra and the Reykjavik Chamber Orchestra.
- Carlos Nakai
- Native American flutist/composer
- Conor Nelson
- Canadian flutist
- Composer, flutist, conductor.
- Jazz flutist in New Zealand
- Former Adjunct Assistant Professor (Flute), University of Miami, FL She died 26.April.2007
- Chris Norman
- Flute made and played.
- Amy O'Neill
- London, Ontario, Canada
- Wil Offermans
- Dutch contemporary specialist
- Mauricio Orefice
- Italian flutist.
- Eleonore Pameijer
- one of Europe's pre-eminent flutists (to quote the website)
- Eddie Parker
- Jazz flutist
- Hermeto Pascoal
- English Wikipedia article. A "prolific musician and composer who transcends category"
- James Pellerite
- James Pellerite succeeded his teacher William Kincaid as solo flutist in
the Philadelphia Orchestra. He has performed under eminent conductors like
Bernstein, Casals, Mariner, Mitropoulos, Ormandy, Stokowski, and Stravinsky.
Since retirement, he has taken up study of the Native American flute.
- Erica Peel
- Omaha Chamber Music Society flutist
- Nina Perlove
- Flute, Music History professor at Northern Kentucky University. Also available on Youtube.
- former flute professor at Arizona State University.
- Among other things, owner of Flutenet, a discussion group for flutists
of all abilities and ages
- Marina Piccinini
- flute professor at Peabody Conservatory, Baltimore, MD
- Philippe Pierlot
- Solo flute of the Orchestre
National de France,
professor at CNR of
- Kim Pineda
- Music director of Baroque Northwest
- Flute professor at University of Colorado at Denver. Author of Selected
Repertoire for Alto Flute, Seven Steps to Better Intonation, etc.
- Angela Purll
- organist and performing musician (including flute) from the South East of England
- Maria Ramey
- he first call import flutist with the Bakersfield Symphony, the Palos Verdes/Peninsula
Symphony and the Tulare County Symphony. She also plays piccolo with the Culver City Symphony,
the Marina del Rey Summer Symphony and the Carson City Symphony.
- Principal Flute with the Melrose (MA) Symphony Orchestra
- Piccoloist with the Denver Pops Orchestra, Denver, Colorado
- Stephanie Rea
- Associate Professor of Music, Murray University, KY
- Carla Reese
- alto and bass flute specialist
- Assistant Professor of Music, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Althea Rene
- High-end section, in Flash, scrolling doesn't work in Mozilla-based browsers.
- Felix Renggli
- Swiss flutist who specializes in contemporary music
- Bridget Rennie-Salonen
- University of Cape Town: College of Music, Cape Town, South Africa
- Debbie Reynolds
- Canadian flutist. "[G]raduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Music (Honours) and a Masters degree in Music from McGill University. . . and. . . maintains a flute studio in Hudson, Quebec (near Vaudreuil, Dorion, St.Lazare, Rigaud, Pincourt, Hawkesbury, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue.
- Geri Rizzo
- Mackenzie Robinson
- Patty Rohr
- "flutist/harpist, . . . performing classical, early and Celtic music."
- Wendy Rolfe
- Professor of Flute, Berklee School of Music
- Joseph Rose
- President and Principal Flautist of the Fanfare Concert Winds
- Kailan Rubinoff
- Associate Professor of Musicology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro. B.A. in Music, University of Pennsylvania,
Performance Certificate and Second Phase diploma in historical performance (Baroque and Classical flute), Conservatorium
van Amsterdam, Ph.D in Music from the University of Alberta.
- Maxim Rubtsov
- Principal flute with the Russian National Orchestra
- John Phillip Rush
- Facebook page. Modern, Baroque and Renaissance flutist
- Ali Ryerson
- Jazz flutist
- Index of his favorite flutes
- Principal flutist with the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and on the faculty of California State University at Northridge and the Henry Mancini Institute.
- Kerry Shaffer
- a Middle Tennessee Flute Teacher
- Lots of good pedagogy links, but the fingering charts only go up to C4.
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Meerenai Shim
- an active performer and teacher in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Marenglen Skendo
- freelance flute player based in Boston MA, performs Jazz, Latin and Clasical
music with different bands in New England
- Fenwick Smith
- Former second flute with the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Principal Flute, Cleveland Orchestra
- Piccolist with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Joan Sparks
- Wilmington, DE flutist.
- Contemporary specialist.
- Dawna Stebbins
- 3rd flute/piccolo with College of Marin (CA) Orchestra
- Nancy Stagnitta
- Interlochen summer session teacher, Interlochen, MI
- Stefani Starin
- Member of NewBand & teaches at Montclair State University (NJ), the Masters School, The Music Conservatory of Westchester
- Teaches at the Musikschule der Stadt Zug
- Young Concert Artist, etc.
- David Summer
- Flutist and trumpeter (!)
- Caen Thomason-Redus
- UWM Assistant Professor of Flute
- John Thorne
- Associate Professor, Flute, Northwestern University
- Raffaele Trevisani
- Italian flutist. Due to low contrast, the links are difficult to read.
- Maryann Tu
- Linked in page of this flute-playing consultant @ an NYC bank
- Keith Underwood
- Siberian flutist, principal flute, Las Vegas Philharmonic, and Nagahara flute player.
- Peter Verhoyen
- Principal piccolo 'Royal Flemish Philharmonic'
- Jan Vinci
- Artist in residence at Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Melissa Voshell
- M.M. from Peabody and one of my former students
- Linda Wadsworth
- Minnesota-based American flutist
- Mihoko Watanabe
- Flute professor, University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- Jazz flutist - now also home of "
Jazz flute tips"
- David Weiss
- a New York City based musician, specializes in performing on flutes and
woodwinds from many different cultures, including American and Celtic
flutes & whistles, panpipes, recorders, Asian and Middle Eastern woodwinds.
- Creator of Pan-flute.com, featuring a history of the instrument, recordings
and photographs of Hawaii
- Flute professor, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Ransom Wilson
- Sharon Winton
- Co-founder Lark Chamber Players (flute, violin, cello trio).
- Home of flute compositions' timing (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader), vibrato artcle and more
- Trevor Wye
- Larry Krantz' Wye page is here
- among other things Adjunct Flute Instructor at Meredith College and The
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Matthias Ziegler
- Swiss flutist